Why MOVE? Here are some startling stats about the decline in physical activity…
- In 2013, more deaths will be attributed to physical inactivity (5.3 million) than smoking (5 million)
- Today's 10 year olds are the first generation expected to have a shorter life expectancy than their parents
This is why we have to take action and get our Mo’s moving!
How can you get involved?
- Challenge yourself by doing something new…always wanted to try crossfit? Or a Tough Mudderevent? Now is your chance
- Ask your spin studio or gym to donate a class for Movember. Free entry with a moustache, a nominal donation for everyone else
- Rally your friends and host a volleyball or dodgeball tournament one Saturday in Movember
- Pledge to take the stairs to your office every day of the month
- Walk, bike, or skateboard to work or school
How does this work? Register your MOVE event and you can receive a free MOVE Kit. You can even make it public so people in your community can find and attend your event. Use social media to help promote your event so that your friends and family can come attend, learn more about Movember, and get active!
Lastly, remember to keep it simple. MOVE events should be low-to-no overhead and grassroots in nature. Don’t overthink it – just MOVE it!