Movember is the month formerly known as November, where men and women across the globe join together to raise awareness and funds for men’s health; specifically prostate cancer, testicular cancer , poor mental health and physical inactivity.
Men who support Movember, called Mo Bros, start by signing up at Movember.com. Mo Bros start Movember 1st clean shaven, then grow and groom their moustache for 30 days to become walking, talking billboards for men’s health whilst raisingfunds and awareness along the way. Women who support Movember, called Mo Sistas, also start by signing up at Movember.com. Mo Sistas champion the Mo by pledging to MOVE for men’s health, supporting the Mo Bros in their life, spreading awareness, organizing events, fundraising and leading a team.
- Click on sign up
- Choose whether you’d like to sign up as a team member, team captain or individual.
- You will then arrive to at your Mo Space page, where you upload a profile photo, change your motivation, invite friends to sign up and donate, and set up your personal URL and spread the important message of men's health.
For more information on where the funds go click here.
- Online using Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal or Interac
- Over the phone by calling 1-855-4GROWMO (1-855-447-6966)
- Give cash or cheque to a Mo Bro or Mo Sista. Include your complete postal address and email address for a charitable tax receipt.
- Send in a cheque or money order made payable to Movember, noting the name of the participant and registration number of the participant, to:
119 Spadina Avenue
PO Box 65
Toronto, ON M5T 2T2
Sign up at Movember.com as part of a team or as an individual and we will e-mail you all the information you need to get started. Click here to sign up.
While growing a Mo is left to the guys, Mo Sistas (a woman who loves a Mo and wants to support the efforts of a Mo Bro in her life) do a lot of important work for Movember.
Mo Sistas can get involved by:
- Signing up online, recruiting a team and raising money
- MOVE - Be a walking, talking, running / jumping / swimming / riding / bouncing / climbing / jogging / stretching billboard for men’s health. MOVE is a new way to do Movember. Just as a moustache grows every day of Movember we are challenging people to MOVE every day of Movember – 30 MOVEs in 30 days.
- Organizing events i.e. Mo Parties
- Making a donation to a Mo Bro or the Movember Foundation for men’s health
- Supporting and showing love for the Mo
- Talking about and bring awareness for men’s health
- Wear your support. Check out our Movember Foundation merchandise HERE.
- You can also hold your own Movember Party for your workplace, town, bar or university and we will send you an event kit for a nominal fee to ensure your event is a success.
We fund health programs directly and also through our men’s health partners, such as Prostate Cancer Canada.We’ve prioritized 4 funding areas:
- Prostate cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Poor mental health
- Physical inactivity
If you would like more information, please check out our Report Cards where you’ll find listed all of our programs funded to date.