Movember general privacy
Date of last revision 15 September 2012
Movember is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of any personal information which you provide to us.
- Collection of personal information:
You may provide personal information to Movember to receive information, to purchase products, to make a donation to a Mo Bro or Mo Sista, to receive information about or become involved in promotions or other initiatives undertaken by Movember. This personal information may include details such as your name, address, mobile number, e-mail address, or the amount you have donated. If you purchase products or make a donation to a Mo Bro or Mo Sista you may provide Movember with credit card details and other information which will allow Movember to process the transaction. Movember may also request your preferences for receiving further information about the Movember campaign or outcomes from the funds raised.
The choice of how much information you provide to Movember is yours and of course if you want to use Movember's Services, make a donation, or otherwise participate in Movember programs and events, Movember will require certain information from you in order to provide the services or conduct the programs and events.
- How does Movember use the Personal Information?
The personal information you provide to Movember through its website may be used by Movember for the following purposes:
• to provide you with products you have requested
• to provide you with information or other communications about Movember
• to involve you in promotions and other initiatives undertaken by Movember
• to include your name and details on our Services if you register as a Mo Bro or Mo Sista
• to include your name and details on our Services if you make a donation to a Mo Bro or Mo Sista (unless you choose a private or anonymous donation)
• to display on our website the amount of any donation or sponsorship you may make
If you choose to provide your personal details to Movember you agree that your personal information may be displayed or included as set out above. You also agree that your personal details may accordingly be identified, recovered and displayed by internet search engines. In certain circumstances we may give you the option to keep your information private, for example:
• you have the option to have a private Mo Bro or Mo Sista Mo Space. This means that we will endeavour to ensure that your Mo Space is not available to general internet search engines. Your Mo Space will still be available to users that search for you in the “Donate” section of the Movember Services. You should also be aware that if you start with a public Mo Space and then change your preference to private, your Mo Space may have already been indexed by a search engine and may therefore appear in searches conducted on that search engine until it re-indexes your Mo Space as private;
• you have the option to make a private donation, in which case your name and amount of your donation will only be disclosed to the recipient in their private view of their Mo Space; and
• you have the option to make an anonymous donation, in which case the amount of your donation will be displayed on the recipient’s public and private view of their Mo Space but your name will not be displayed in either the public or private view of the recipient’s Mo Space.
Some of the functions and services relating to the purpose for which you have provided personal information may be outsourced to third party external service providers. When we contract external services providers, we may provide them with your personal information, but only to the extent required for them to fulfil that contract.
Where you have agreed to receive Movember emails, Movember may use your personal information to send you emails about the Movember campaign and the outcomes achieved with the funds raised. You will be provided with an opportunity in each email communication to decline to receive any further communications from Movember. If you are a registered Mo Bro or Mo Sista, you can also change your email marketing preferences in the settings in the “Edit My Details” section on your Mo Space.
Regardless of where in the world you reside, Movember may transfer your data to Australia and the United States and process and store it there. While the data is in those jurisdictions it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities according to the laws in those jurisdictions.
Other than for the purposes described above, Movember will not use your personal information without your prior consent.
- Security of your information:
Movember takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information it collects, including that the information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. For example, your personal information is maintained in a secure environment, which can be accessed only by authorized personnel. However, no data transmission over the internet or information stored on servers accessible through the internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure. Note that Movember does not store credit card information.
- Disclosure of Personal Information:
- Access and correction of personal information:
Access to personal information
You may request access to your personal information collected through our Services at any time. Please send an email to email@example.com and we will endeavour to respond as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days or receiving your request. There may be some legal or regulatory reason why access is denied or amendment refused. If this is so, we will tell you why.
Correction of personal information
If you believe any of your personal information held by Movember is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, Movember will take reasonable steps to correct the information. To request that your personal information be corrected or updated, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Links to other websites:
Movember is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any other website or service that is linked to a Movember Service, or for the privacy practices of any third party social media or other service providers that you can access through a Movember Service. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those websites or service providers.
- Your visit to our Website:
Movember may also collect and store information about your visit to a Movember Service, including:
• the name of the domain from which you accessed the internet
• the date and time you accessed our Services
• the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Services
• the pages you accessed while visiting our Service
• the device from which you accessed our Services
• the location from which you accessed our Services
All of the information we collect is aggregated and cannot be used to identify individuals. This information is used to measure the numbers of visitors to our Services and how the Services were used, in order to ensure that the Services are as effective as possible. Movember does not collect or use information for the purposes of online behavioural advertising.
- How to contact Movember:
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact Movember at: email@example.com.