About Movember

Financials

2013 FINANCIAL SUMMARY

The Canadian Movember campaign raised $33.9 million in 2013. The Movember Canada financials are audited each year by KPMG LLP. The chart below shows how these funds are applied:
 


90.5% Allocated to Men's Health programs

Of the funds raised in Canada in 2013, 90.5% has been committed to programs supporting prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health initiatives. The Movember team is proud of the high percentage of funds committed to programs, which is above international best practice of 80% of funds raised invested in programs.

2.2% Administration Costs and 7.3% Fundraising Cost totaling 9.5%

A number of fundraising and administrative tasks are necessary to run an organization and campaign the size of Movember.
The Movember team is proud of its low fundraising and administration costs, which in Canada was 9.5% of the funds raised. This is well below international best practice which is in the range of 15% - 20%.

Costs that are grouped under fundraising and administration include:
  • Salaries for staff involved in management, technology, fundraising and administrative tasks
  • Credit card processing fees
  • Systems development and technology to run Movember.com, the mobile applications and to process registrations and donations securely
  • Telecommunications and computer equipment
  • Office rent and general office maintenance costs
  • Legal costs
  • Insurance
  • Bank fees


PROGRAM INVESTMENT

The chart below shows how the 90.5% of funds allocated to programs are applied:



The funds allocated to programs are run directly by the Movember Foundation, Prostate Cancer Canada and the Canadian Men's Health Network. Together, these channels work to ensure that Movember funds are supporting a broad range of innovative, world-class programs in line with our strategic goals.

For a complete report on every project we have funded and the impact the Movember campaign is having please visit the Funded Programs section.

NOTE: All funds donated to our men's health partners are restricted and are only used for Movember approved programs. This means that no Movember funds are used to cover any part of our partners fundraising and promotional costs with 100% of the funds going to program delivery.